Wednesday 25 April 2012

GigPosters.com

I know I'm probably behind the times on this one but I stumbled across this website whilst doing research for the poster I'm doing for Bestival. I've always been a fan of gig posters. It all started with a book I bought from The Museum of Contemporary Art in Los Angeles called 'Fucked Up and Photocopied' which was all about punk poster art in the early 80's and was jam packed with amazing examples of experimental and DIY art. Gig posters today have a cleaner feel to them than the cut and paste methods of the early 80's but they've never lost touch with their roots which I think is down to the screen printing methods used. I've always felt that gig posters are the perfect blend of illustration and design with the addition of highly creative typography.

































































No comments:

Post a Comment