Thursday 26 April 2012

James Hance - Wookiee the Chew

I love a bit of comedic cross genre art and James Hance's work really hits the spot! I was shown his website last night and I chuckled my way through his work. A lot of it is a spin on Star Wars but there's loads of other stuff in there too. Prince Adam from He-Man on the cover of Michael Jackson Thriller album is one that springs to mind. The thing that really stood out the most for me was Wookiee the Chew. A book he's created by mixing Star Wars and Winnie the Pooh. Genius. The drawings are in the style of the original A.A. Milne books but instead of Pooh Bear, it's a little cute looking Wookie. All the characters have been altered to fit the Star Wars theme. Christopher Robin is Han Solo, Piglet is R2-D2 and Kanga and Roo are both Tauntauns. It's funny, really funny but is also so well executed. Seriously, go check it out.

www.jameshance.co.uk





No comments:

Post a Comment