Wednesday 30 May 2012

TV Adverts - My favourites

Let's face it, TV adverts are shit. We tut and sigh every time our favourite show gets interrupted by an advert break and we either switch channel or put the TV on mute. But not all adverts are bad. Once in a while an advert that you look forward to seeing comes along. Here is a collection of my favourite adverts and you'll notice that there isn't a meerkat or a fat idiot with a stupid moustache screeching "go compare" in any of them...enjoy.

Look at the advert, then back to me then to the advert. A genius way to reinvent Old Spice. The whole series of these are so funny and a pleasure to watch...I'm on a horse.

Whenever you're in a pickle...think of this advert.

One of the greatest things that has happened in the last 5 years or so is Adidas releasing their Star Wars range of clothing. Just as Star Wars was diving deep into the pool of geekyness, Adidas pulled it back. Yes, this advert is a bit of a celeb fest but I think that's what makes it work, I mean Snoop Dogg with a lightsabre, legendary.

I never thought Robert Carlyle prattling on about whiskey for six minutes could be so interesting and entertaining.

Let's just chuck a shit load of bouncy balls down the street, film it, stick on a nice song and see what happens.

Such a simple concept, executed perfectly.

My kind of cooking! Such a simple advert that appeals to the everyday man more than Jamie Oliver can ever imagine.

The thing I love most about this advert (other than the fact it's based around Star Wars) is even though the kid is dressed head to toe in a Darth Vader costume, he somehow manages to portray their emotions across to the audience perfectly. The kid deserves an Oscar!

Ain't life wonderful?

Squeak, Squeak, Squeak, Squeak, probably the funniest piece of footage in the world, Squeak, Squeak, Squeak, Squeak, Squeak, Squeak, Squeak, Squeak, Squeak, 

I don't know who to cry more for, the dog or the rabbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment